Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Meet SOAS Ambassador, Andrea Astudillo

About Andrea
She’s from Tulsa, Oklahoma and Arlington Texas.  Born in Tulsa, but moved to Arlington when she was 15, so they are both “home”.  But now she resides in Carlsbad, CA with her husband Eddie and 4 year old English Bulldog, Lincoln. She works as a wedding and event planner and is a full time business student, and is excited to finally be done in August.
Outside of triathlon she enjoys photography, traveling, and wine.  Sounds good to us!!
How She Started
Andrea started as a runner, her husband an avid cyclist, but neither of them swimmers.  They decided to enter their first triathlon in Mission Bay in September 2007.  She was hooked, like the rest of us, and signed up for another before the season ended.
Andrea says her favorite triathlon moment was finishing her first Ironman in Florida 2010.  It was also her first marathon. “The first thing I said to my husband, when I finished, was ‘I don’t think I ever need to do that again.’ Of course, 3 weeks later, I was hitting the “register” button for IMAZ 2011.”
She also finished in the top 3 at SuperFrog half iron distance, last September.
What’s Next
Look out for Andrea in her first race of the season at the San Diego International in June. “I haven’t done well the two times I’ve done this race, but I’m going to give it another try. Third times a charm!” She’s also doing Vineman 70.3, SuperFrog, and IM Florida and is really looking forward to racing this year. 
After racing she loves a good Epson salt bath and lavender oil to treat her tired muscles.  Great tip!!
Why Triathlon?
“Triathlon has changed my life in a lot of really great ways. It has made me stronger by teaching me to have faith and confidence in myself. It has taught me about patience and drive and what hard work can achieve. I love being able to see how far I can push myself both physically and mentally in this sport. I also love the tri community and have made a lot of great friendships from it.”
For the Love of SOAS!
I love representing SOAS because:
1.      I love the product! The style and colors are awesome and the kits are made to fit a woman and not a 12 year old boy! Hallelujah!
2.      I love what they are about- two women making the sport of triathlon better for women.
3.      Kebby and Steph J
We are so glad to have Andrea as a SOAS Team member!! Have a great race season!

No comments:

Post a Comment